Hello viewer from and welcome to my website.
This is the simple step-by-step guide that I successfully undertook to install Netflix on my Sony Blu-ray player. The Netflix app on a Sony Blu-ray is great and is how I usually watch Netflix on my Samsung Smart TV.
How does it work?
Unlocator provides a DNS (domain name server) service that makes your internet connected device think that it is in America. It works best if you have a static IP address from your internet service provider (TPG provides this by default). This is because the unblock services records your IP address in your account settings to allow you to access the DNS service. If you don’t have a static IP address then don’t worry, Unlocator gives you a Private API Key and URL that you can regularly visit in any browser on your network so Unlocator can update to your current IP address on the internet (your Blu-ray browser, desktop or laptop browser, it doesn’t matter provided they access the internet through your network).
1. Sign-up for the free trial at Unlocator.
UPDATE: The alternative Getflix has a short term special of 88% off its lifetime subscription (US$330 down to only $US39) to unblock Netflix USA, Hulu, BBC iPlayer and more. Just click here. Getflix works like the Unlocator service that is described on this page. Getflix deal ends on or about 13 October 2015 so don’t delay.
2. Once you have signed up at Unlocator, make sure you sign into your account from your home network by clicking on the link sent to your email. You must access your account from your home network so that Unlocator can assign your home IP address to your new Unlocator account.
3. Record the primary and secondary DNS settings provided by Unlocator.
4. Start your Sony Blu-ray player.
5. Browse to internet settings in your Sony Blu-ray player.
6. Go to the manual internet settings and choose “auto” except for the part where you are asked to choose the DNS settings.
7. Enter the DNS settings your recorded earlier from Unlocator at step 3 above.
8. Finish the internet settings process.
9. Wait at least 5 minutes.
10. Turn off the Sony Blu-ray player and wait at least 5 minutes.
11. Turn on the Sony Blu-ray player and wait 5 minutes for the player to up date its settings to its new country settings (i.e. U.S.A.). The Sony Blu-ray player now thinks it is located in the USA because of the new DNS settings provided by Unlocator.
12. Go to video settings and select the Netflix app that will have now been added to the list. If it isn’t there, wait repeat steps 9 to 11 above.
13. Sign up to the 7 day trial at Netflix.
14. Enjoy Netflix!